Welcome To The School of General Studies
Due to COVID-19 and to reduce the potential health risk to the Kean Campus Community, the School of General Studies faculty and staff are working remotely and on staggered office schedules to help with minimizing the density of people on campus.
Students are advised to email their faculty advisor directly or email the School of General Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
*For everyone's SAFETY, student WALK-INS are PROHIBITED.*
Location: CAS 121 and CAS 111 Office hours
Monday and Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m - Staggered schedule and Remote Operations
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Remote Operations
Thursday and Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m - Staggered schedule and Remote Operations
*subject to change*
First-time users, before registering for an account and booking your virtual advising appointment, please read important registration information below regarding Academic Advising Appointment and Course Placement Appointment SCHEDULES.
*STUDENTS EXEMPT FROM PLACEMENT TESTING*
Academic Advising Appointment Schedule
For first-time users:
1. To schedule a virtual Academic Advising appointment, please click on Register for an account.
2. After you have created an account, enter your email address and password, select Academic Advising Appointment and click LOG IN.
3. Select an available time slot and schedule your virtual appointment with a School of General Studies advisor. ________________________________________________________________________________* *NON-EXEMPT STUDENTS REQUIRING COURSE PLACEMENT*
Course Placement Appointment Schedule
For first-time users:
1. To schedule a virtual Course Placement appointment, please click on Register for an account.
2. After you have created an account, enter your email address and password, select Course Placement Advising Appointment and click LOG IN.
3. Select an available time slot and schedule your virtual appointment with a School of General Studies advisor.
The Office of Placement Testing has temporarily suspended ACCUPLACER testing for students attending in Fall 2020. As a result, students will not be required to take the placement test. Course placements will be determined by SAT test scores/ACT composite scores. If you did not take the SAT/ACT tests, your placement will be based on high school transcripts.
Transfer Students contact your program’s main office to schedule an appointment. Click on Faculty Advisors to view the list of department contacts.
The School of General Studies is committed to the academic success of our students.
Having trouble logging in? Enter your email address below and then click "Reset Password." The system will immediately email you with instructions for changing your password. If you do not receive that email in a few minutes, please check your spam filter.